So here’s the deal…
I went to a bunch of sites searching for skincare for dry skin and bug repellant/ bite relief. Every site told me to use a variety of things: vodka, honey, lemons, rosemary, and tea tree oil.
Let’s start with vodka! Who doesn’t a cocktail that you could drink and wear? It made me remember my trip to Mexico last year. I had so many bites and the waiter told me to drink tequila! I was skeptical obviously but I figured I’d give his idea a try. Before you know it… he had tequila and he poured it all over my legs. It stung like a mother fu$ker. A few seconds later the burning stopped and the itching stopped.
- It’s great for bites.
- It’s great for hair because it pH balancing properties so it cleanses. Your hair usually feels clean and looks shiny. Mix the vodka with your shampoo when using it on your hair.
- Use it as a toner by moving equal parts water to the vodka and then applying it to your skin with a cotton ball.
Lemons are amazing! They are great for cleaning and beauty.
- You can use lemons for cleaning your meat. Yes I said your meat!
- Lemons bleach as well which is why they are great for evening out your skin tone. I’m not a fan of using pure lemon juice on your skin in the day. The sun helps accelerates the lightening process. It has alpha hydroxy acids in it. I squeeze the juice out and use a cotton swab to rub the juice on the skin. Leave it on for about twenty minutes and then wash it off. I try to mix this with some aloe as well.
- Lemons are antibacterial.
Rosemary is good for cooking, cocktails, and your skin.
- I take the rosemary and place it in a spray bottle with vodka. I’ve read that you should take the needles off of the stem but I don’t have time for that. I just stick the whole thing inside of the container with the vodka and let it soak overnight. This is how I make my own rosemary extract.
Tea Tree Oil disinfects.
- You can put a little in your sneakers or heels to keep them odor free.
- It will hello with with blemishes by using its natural antibacterial fighting’s properties. So just use a cotton swab or a q-tip to apply it to your pimples nightly. just make sure you until you lose it with a dash of water before you apply it to your face. It can irritate your skin sometimes because it is so effective at drying out.
Honey is great for your skin.
- I have mixed it with bananas and used it as a moisturizing mask
- It again helps to heal wounds because it’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and it’s antisceptic.
- I’ve used it on bug bites and on my eczema.
Now you guys understand why I love having vodka, rosemary, lemons, tea tree oil, and honey around at all times. They are good for cooking, bugs and your beauty regimen. If you guys have any other ideas for these items please comment below!
🔥 Fire Goddess Em